The “SMB volunteers” Program has been developed according to the Rules regulating the activities of “SMB volunteers” of the Small and Medium Business Development Agency of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Agency’s charter, the Law of the Republic of Azerbaijan “On volunteering”, and other appropriate regulatory legal acts.
The “SMB volunteers” Program objective
- expanding the horizons of young people (students of higher, additional, secondary specialized, primary vocational and specialized educational institutions, and other persons) and their professional knowledge, developing labor skills before starting a professional career;
- arranging and promoting the youth volunteer activity in government bodies, non-governmental organizations, and small and medium businesses by the Agency according to the Agency's charter and other appropriate regulatory legal acts;
- encouraging the attraction of young professionals and students to entrepreneurship and coordinating this area, as well as cooperating with higher educational institutions, non-governmental organizations, and businesses to support entrepreneurs.
How to become a member of the “SMB volunteers” Program?
Applicants wishing to join the “SMB volunteers” Program should register on the Agency’s official website www.smb.gov.az in the “Become an SMB volunteer” section. All applications submitted to the “Become an SMB volunteer” section shall be evaluated, and candidates meeting the volunteer selection criteria shall be engaged in the volunteering activity, considering the Agency's needs in volunteers.
Selection criteria for the “SMB volunteers” Program:
- Appropriate specialty (preference shall be given to the specialties of business and management);
- Teamwork skills;
- Sociability and entrepreneurial spirit;
- Ability to openly express ideas;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs;
- Knowledge of languages (Russian, English, etc.).
Participation in the program is designed for 2 months. Volunteers participate in volunteering activity in the Agency’s relevant structural subdivisions (Administration, SMB friend offices, SMB houses, etc.).
All volunteers participating in the “SMB volunteers” Program shall be provided with job descriptions, an internal code of conduct, and the appropriate life insurance document.
At the end of the volunteering activity, the participants receive certificates based on the appropriate assessment.
Powered by Froala Editor